Barghausen Consulting Engineers, Inc., established in 1982, is one of the Northwest’s leading consulting firms offering a range of multi-disciplinary technical services. We work across the project lifecycle to craft innovative and impactful solutions to help our clients meet their most challenging development objectives. We are nearly 200 employees strong with our main headquarters based in Kent, WA, and satellite offices strategically located in Richland, WA; Tumwater, WA; Klamath Falls, OR; Roseville, CA; and Long Beach, CA. We serve a diverse set of clients that include global technology companies, multinational corporations, industrial, commercial, and residential developers, international logistical service providers, and downstream petroleum corporations.
This is a unique role that we have available. The CAD Technician will prepare AutoCAD drawings under the supervision of project managers and architects and according to company standards.
Set up drawings according to company standards for title blocks, layers, fonts, and line weights.
- Prepare conceptual site plans, aerial overlays, building elevations, maps, and exhibits.
- Prepare preliminary and final construction documents.
- Update drawings in response to design modifications, redlines, and comments.
- Plot hard copies of plans to company plotters.
Plot drawings to PDF or another format with reduced file sizes.
- Conduct spell checking / cross-referencing / quality control / revision tracking.
- At least three (3) years of experience with an A/E design firm or public agency preparing construction documents, specifications, or similar.
- Prefer candidates that aspire to become licensed architects.
- Revit, Photoshop, SketchUp, Illustrator, and AutoTURN experience a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of all forms of MS office software.
- Strong understanding of site planning concepts and zoning requirements for building placement, setbacks, landscaping, parking, and circulation a plus.
- Familiarity with preparing preliminary and construction-level architectural / engineering drawings a plus.
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions, balance a diverse workload, and meet deadlines.
- Positive attitude with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ok with a flexible with work schedule.