About the Role
We are currently looking for an Assistant Planner to join our team in our Kent, WA office.We provide an environment for career advancement and an opportunity to work on different types of projects.
- Assist with due diligence research for new development proposals including researching & evaluating agency codes, conducting phone interviews, reviewing record drawings & reports, reviewing prior land use decisions, and preparing written findings
- Assist with preparing preliminary site plans, graphics, and other exhibits
- Coordinate with project teams to obtain special documents and studies, including land surveys, title reports, traffic studies, critical areas reports, soils reports, etc.
- Assist with the preparation and submittal of land use and construction permit applications, including cover letters, application forms, application fees, project narratives, design plans, and special studies
- Assist with tracking submitted applications with agency staff, including expediting construction permit applications
- Track priorities and deliverables using the company's standard forms and procedures
- College degree or technical certification(s) in land use planning, real estate, engineering, construction, or related field
- Familiarity with site planning, land development, permit processing, and land use planning
- Ability to prioritize a diverse workload, complete tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced setting
- Ability to write and communicate at a professional level
- Ability to perform comprehensive research, analyze impacts, and summarize key issues in writing