We are seeking an Assistant Planner and/or Project Planner to join our team at Barghausen! If you are experienced in land development and are comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment, we would love to talk with you!
Pay is DOE: $35-$45/hour + Sign-On Bonus
What we offer at Barghausen:
COMPENSATION – Competitive wages, bonuses, and performance-based incentives
RETIREMENT – 401k plan (200% match on the first 4% of your deferral)
HEALTHCARE – Fully paid medical, dental, and vision healthcare + life insurance for employee with generous contributions for dependents
VACATION – 3 weeks of PTO per year + 7 paid holidays
PERKS – Team bonding activities, sporting event tickets, company-paid gym memberships, half-day Fridays during summer months + much more!
Assistant Planner – Primary Duties:
- Assist with various types of research, evaluations, and screenings (i.e., due diligence research, review agency codes, conduct phone interviews, review drawings & reports, etc.)
- Prepare and assist with preliminary site plans, graphics, and other exhibits.
- Assist with the procurement of special documents and studies (i.e., land surveys, title reports, traffic studies, soil reports, etc.)
- Aid in the preparation, submittal, and tracking of project applications (i.e., cover letters, application forms and fees, project narratives, design plans & special studies)
- Track priorities and deliverables using the company’s standard forms & procedures.
Assistant Planner – Desired Experience/Skills:
- 1-3+ years of experience working in land development or related field.
- College degree or technical certification(s) in land use planning, real estate, engineering, construction, or related field.
- Familiarity with site planning, permit processing, and land use planning.
- Ability to prioritize a diverse workload, complete tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to write and communicate at a professional level.
- Ability to perform comprehensive research, analyze impacts, and summarize key issues in writing.
Project Planner – Responsibilities:
- Act as primary liaison with clients & agencies through clear communication & representation
- Conduct due diligence investigations (i.e., review agency codes, prepare & refine site plans, conduct phone interviews, review technical documents, prepare written report, etc.)
- Prepare and process land use applications (i.e., prepare submittal materials, review staff reports, testify at public hearings, etc.)
- Coordinate the acquisition of special documents and studies (i.e., land surveys, traffic studies, environmental reports, etc.)
- Coordinate the processing and approval of construction permit applications
- Track deliverables using the company’s standard forms and procedures
- Prepare and administer contracts as necessary
Project Planner – Desired Experience/Skills:
- 3+ years of experience working in land development or related field
- College degree or technical certification(s) in land use planning, real estate, environmental consulting, engineering, construction, or related field
- Experience with due diligence, site planning, land use entitlements, environmental review, construction permitting, etc.
- Experience working with multiple disciplines including civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, land surveying, traffic engineering, and environmental consulting
- Ability to prioritize a diverse workload, resolve complex issues, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to communicate well with clients and team members, strong technical writing skills, and public speaking proficiency
Barghausen Consulting Engineers, Inc. was established in 1982 and is one of the Northwest's leading multi-disciplined service firms offering civil engineering, land surveying, land use planning and other related services. We are a growing company with over 200 employees and an excellent reputation in the Puget Sound area. With the majority of our employees working from the Kent, WA office, we also have offices in Chehalis WA, Richland WA, Klamath Falls, OR, Roseville, CA, and Long Beach, CA. We work extensively throughout the Western United States and provide services in many other areas of the country. Our clients are mostly private developers and are some of the nation's largest and most respected homebuilders, industrial developers, retailers, and petroleum companies.