Job Type | 6/11/21
- Research agency requirements and procedures for permit & compliance document processing. Interview agency staff and available documentation to itemize processing requirements. Track findings in the company’s SharePoint database.
- Compile and submit permit / compliance applications, documents, licenses, reports, etc., as assigned by the Manager or designee. Submittal materials may include, but are not limited to preparing a cover letter, filling out application forms, coordinating client signatures, obtaining checks for filing fees, and compiling construction plans, special reports, and specifications.
- Track submittals with agencies in a prompt, professional manner. Record activities in the company’s database.
- Coordinate with the project team to respond to agency comments. Establish due dates for the receipt of documentation. Complete the submittal on the scheduled date.
- Coordinate final approval of all permit applications. Coordinate payment of outstanding fees as needed.
- Prepare a Permit Status Letter for each project per the standard format. Update the company’s database to track tasks that are required during and after construction.
- Maintain a Priority Assignments list to track daily tasks.
- File all emails and documents according to company protocols. Update special reports, spreadsheets, etc. as assigned by the Manager or designee.
- Conduct other tasks assigned by the Manager or designee, such as the following: 311 and Tier II chemical reporting coordination, CERS reporting/tracking, Class A/B/C operator coordination, throughput modifications/tracking, NESHAP reporting, compliance email facilitation, CIMS/NOV coordination.
- Assist with preparing special reports, graphics, and/or other exhibits. Review documents for clarity, accuracy, grammar, consistency, and fluency.
- College degree or technical certification(s) in regulatory permitting, environmental compliance, land use planning, real estate, engineering, construction, or related field.
- Familiarity with site planning, land development, permit processing, and land use planning.
- Ability to prioritize a diverse workload, complete tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to write and communicate at a professional level.
- Ability to perform comprehensive research, analyze impacts, and summarize key issues in writing.