About The Role
We are currently looking for a Project Planner to join our team in our Kent, WA office.We provide an environment for career advancement and an opportunity to work on different types of projects.
- Act as primary liaison with clients on platting and land development projects, including communicating regularly with client representatives, attending meetings and conference calls, and providing advisement on development strategies
- Prepare preliminary plat maps and site plans in accordance with client goals and agency standards
- Coordinate the acquisition of special documents including land surveys, title reports, traffic studies, critical areas reports, soils reports, etc.
- Coordinate with the project team to identify and address key issues impacting the timing, cost, and/or design of a project
- Prepare comprehensive due diligence reports including researching & evaluating agency codes, conducting phone interviews, reviewing record drawings & reports, reviewing prior land use decisions, and preparing written findings
- Prepare and process preliminary plat and land use applications including submitting required application materials, tracking schedules, reviewing staff reports & conditions of approval, and advocating for final approval at public meetings and hearings
- Prepare and process final plat and construction permit applications, including the submittal of application materials, responding to comments, execution of legal documents, payment of fees, recording of final maps, and delivering issued permits to the client and/or contractor
- Track priorities and deliverables using the company's standard forms and procedures
- Prepare and administer contracts, review billing reports, and obtain contract amendments as necessary
- Bachelor's degree or technical certification(s) in land use planning, real estate, environmental consulting, engineering, construction, or related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience managing land development projects involving platting, land use entitlements, environmental review, and/or construction permitting
- Experience working with multiple disciplines including civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, land surveying, traffic engineering, and environmental consulting
- Ability to prioritize a diverse workload, resolve complex issues, and meet deadlines in a fast paced setting
- Ability to communicate well with clients and team members, strong technical writing skills, and public speaking proficiency