We are hiring a high-level Project Planner to join our team!
Project Planner Profile:
This Project Planner is a top-notch communicator that is comfortable being a client liaison leading various meetings, providing advisement on development strategies, being a number one team player and efficient in a fast-paced work environment!
What we offer at Barghausen:
- 401k plan with company match (current match is 200% of your first 4% deferral)
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare + life insurance
- At least 3 weeks of guaranteed PTO every year + 7 paid holidays
- Competitive wages, bonuses, and performance-based incentives
- Team bonding activities
- Company paid gym memberships
- Half-day Fridays during the summer months
Project Planner – Responsibilities:
- Act as primary liaison with clients & agencies through clear communication & representation
- Conduct due diligence investigations (i.e., review agency codes, prepare & refine site plans, conduct phone interviews, review technical documents, prepare written report, etc.)
- Prepare and process land use applications (i.e., prepare submittal materials, review staff reports, testify at public hearings, etc.)
- Coordinate the acquisition of special documents and studies (i.e., land surveys, traffic studies, environmental reports, etc.)
- Coordinate the processing and approval of construction permit applications
- Track deliverables using the company’s standard forms and procedures
- Prepare and administer contracts as necessary
Project Planner – Desired Experience/Skills:
- 3+ years of experience working in land development or related field
- College degree or technical certification(s) in land use planning, real estate, environmental consulting, engineering, construction, or related field
- Experience with due diligence, site planning, land use entitlements, environmental review, construction permitting, etc.
- Experience working with multiple disciplines including civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, land surveying, traffic engineering, and environmental consulting
- Ability to prioritize a diverse workload, resolve complex issues, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to communicate well with clients and team members, strong technical writing skills, and public speaking proficiency
Barghausen Consulting Engineers, Inc. was established in 1982 and is one of the Northwest's leading multi-disciplined service firms offering civil engineering, land surveying, land use planning and other related services. We are a growing company with over 200 employees and an excellent reputation in the Puget Sound area. With the majority of our employees working from the Kent, WA office, we also have offices in Chehalis WA, Richland WA, Klamath Falls, OR, Roseville, CA, and Long Beach, CA. We work extensively throughout the Western United States and provide services in many other areas of the country. Our clients are mostly private developers and are some of the nation's largest and most respected homebuilders, industrial developers, retailers, and petroleum companies.