Jacksons, Store No 535
Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Land Use Planning, Architecture, Fueling System Design, Permit Expediting
Jacksons Food Stores, Inc. headquartered in Meridian, Idaho, was founded in Caldwell, Idaho in 1975 as a single service station. Jacksons has grown to be a nationally recognized chain of over 230+ Chevron, Shell, and Texaco branded convenience stores in 6 western states. All company operations currently employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Barghausen was contracted by Jacksons Food Stores, Inc. (PacWest Energy LLC) for the redevelopment of its store in Milwaukie, OR. The project included:
- The demolition of the existing fuel canopy and convenience store, while retaining the underground storage tanks in place
- Soil excavation, removed to depths of up to 15 feet
- Installation of a 20-foot high Lock + Load retaining along the north and east property boundary
- Construction of a new convenience store and fuel canopy
- Coordination with Oregon Department of Transportation and Clackamas County Public Works for off-site improvements
- Installation of site improvements and landscape
A project of this magnitude, of course, came with its own challenges. For one, there were extremely poor soils on this existing store site (a gas station with a convenience store) and a 20-foot drop-off at the northeast corner. In addition, the four existing underground storage tanks had to remain, as well as the driveways serving the site. And to add complexity, a design review was required.
Our customer engaged our team for the following service during the scope of the Jacksons Store project:
- Civil engineering
- Land use planning
- Fueling system design
- Landscape architecture
- Permit expediting
- Project management
- Construction administration
Since 1982, Barghausen has provided high quality civil engineering, architecture, and land surveying services to residential and commercial clients nationwide.
From land use planning to permitting and more, Barghausen is a one-stop shop for not only sound project design, but also effective and hands-on project management - every step of the way.
Barghausen was founded with a deep commitment to customer service, expert engineering, and effective site planning. That’s why clients like Jacksons Food Stores, Inc. (PacWest Energy LLC) trust Barghausen with even the highest demand projects for over 30 years.