Enhancing the employee experience
We take pride in offering an employee experience that is a level above. We are constantly analyzing employees’ needs to make decisions that will improve well-being and quality of life for our people. The leadership team continues to make exciting improvements to our comprehensive benefits package, enhancing the employee experience at Barghausen.
All photos on this page were submitted by Barghausen employees enjoying outdoor excursions, vacations and company events.
Thank you to our employees for sharing their adventures!
Employer Retirement Contributions
Retirement contributions that work as hard as you do.
As a professional services firm, we are built on the contributions of our people. With that in mind, it’s important that we invest in the future of our employees. One of the many benefits Barghausen offers is a generous 401(k) matching plan!
Barghausen matches 200% of contributions on up to 4% of an employee's salary, for a maximum match of 8%!
BARGHAUSEN RETIREMENT OPTIONS:
- Standard pre-tax and Roth options
- 8% Company match
- Company match at 200% on deferrals of up to 4%
- The first 4% is immediately vested with no forfeiture
- The second 4% is on a standard vesting schedule
- Quarterly financial planning meetings at no additional cost
1) Voya Financial (2022)
2) Vanguard (2021)
No-cost employee premiums for medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Barghausen offers every employee comprehensive insurance for Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life. On top of individual care, affordable dependent coverage is a necessity for employee well-being.
- Medical and vision insurance are provided in partnership with Cigna Health
- Multiple plan options through Cigna, including HSA, $1,500 PPO, & $750 PPO
- Multiple dental plan options including Willamette Dental Group & Guardian Dental
- Barghausen pays 100% of monthly individual coverage costs for medical, dental & vision premiums
- Barghausen pays 50% of monthly dependent coverage for medical, dental & vision premiums
- HSA employer contribution with selection of high-deductible plan
- Life insurance at no cost for employees
Cigna is named one of the top healthcare providers by Forbes, earning 5/5 stars from their Forbes Advisor program!
CIGNA'S COVERAGE INCLUDES:
- Global network of 1.5M+ relationships with health care providers, clinics & facilities
- 67K+ contracted pharmacies representing more than 99% of all U.S. pharmacies
- 700+ Accountable Care programs
- 500+ hospitals in the Hospital Quality Incentive Program
- 175K+ mental & behavioral health care providers
Average PTO Plans
Paid time off that exceeds industry standards.
BARGHAUSEN'S PTO INCLUDES:
- Full-time employees are guaranteed at least 3 weeks (120 hours) of PTO at the start of each calendar year
- After 5 years, PTO automatically increases to 4 weeks (160 hours)
- Employees may roll-over 3-4 weeks (depending on individual earnings) into the next year
- Employees who carry excess PTO hours are paid out at the end of each calendar year
SEVEN PAID HOLIDAYS:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- The day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
3) Zenefits (2021)
4) Zenefits (2021)
Make the most out of your summer.
In alignment with Barghausen’s core values, we believe that those who work hard should be afforded the opportunity to play just as hard. That's why we are implementing a flexible work schedule during the summer months, to promote health, happiness, and work-life balance for our valued employees.
Starting the Friday before Memorial Day, we will be closing our offices at 12:00 PM each Friday until Labor Day.
Employees will enjoy an extra four hours on their weekends to thoroughly enjoy the summer months!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Employees will continue to work a 40-hour schedule during the summer, within the confines of a 4.5 day work week. The typical flex work schedule will consist of 9-hour days Monday-Thursday, and 4 hours on Friday. Our office buildings will close at 12:00 PM on Fridays during this time.
Free Tickets for Employees
Free lunches, events, tickets to games and more!
Our team enjoys season tickets to Seattle Mariners (with parking passes), Seattle Seahawks, Sounders, and Kraken games. We also give away tickets to shows at the 5th Avenue Theatre.
FREE TEAM BONDING EVENTS:
- All-company employee appreciation party (out of state travel expenses covered)
- Free healthy snacks
- Food trucks, coffee carts & catered lunches
- Happy hour events
- Halloween costume contest
- Cornhole competitions
- Yacht parties
- Glass blowing
- Golf tournaments
- Bowling parties
- Escape rooms
- Forge Night
- Paint & sip events
- Community volunteer events
- Photo challenges with prizes
- Kayaking & paddle boarding
- Sponsored 5K, cycling, & Tough Mudder races
- Employee Facebook group
Don't sweat it! Gym memberships are on us.
Regular exercise is linked to less stress, higher productivity, longevity and most importantly, happier employees. Barghausen partnered with three of the top fitness centers to provide free memberships for our team! Employees can choose to be a member at either LA fitness, 24 Hour Fitness, or Thorbeckes Wellness Center, with access to locations throughout the U.S.
- State-of-the-art fitness equipment
- Free weights
- Group fitness activities
- Swimming pools
- Yoga classes
- Indoor cycle classes
- Discounts on personal training
Flexibility, career development and stability.
On top of offering significant benefits, we understand that competitive compensation, career development and flexibility are key elements in making people happy. High performing employees can expect regular bonuses, raises, prizes and gifts throughout the year. We’re always looking to help people develop in their careers and have promoted over 26 employees since the start of 2022.
- 1.5x overtime pay for hourly employees
- Year round, discretionary spot bonuses based on performance
- Annual, year-end performance-based bonuses
- Quarterly bonus program for salaried senior level, director, and management positions
EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT COSTS COVERED:
- Licensing & registration fees
- Study materials & preparation courses
- Continuing education courses
- Support with certificates, training & education pertaining to individual roles
- Networking memberships
- Seminars, trainings, & workshops