Federal Way, WA
Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Permit Expediting, Residential
Christy’s Crossing is a 111-lot residential subdivision within unincorporated King County, near Federal Way, WA. Barghausen was contracted by our customer, LENNAR, for the Christy’s Crossing project in Federal Way.
The project itself posed several unique challenges to the team at Barghausen, including:
- A wetland fill and mitigation that required approval from the Army Corps of Engineers
- Other on-site wetlands that needed to be retained and protected
- A stream crossing that required floodplain analysis
- A unique drainage facility design that needed to fit within the allowable space that was available for the pond
- Steep grades which required a unique grading design, including a combination of daylight basement lots that were designed along with tiered retaining walls to meet the site constraints.