The Estates At Sugarloaf Mountain
Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Land Use Planning, Permit Expediting
The Estates at Sugarloaf Mountain is a 93-lot single family residential cluster in the Ravensdale, WA area. Barghausen was contracted by Novastar Development Inc. for The Estates at Sugarloaf Mountain project. The project included:
- The development of a 93-lot single family residential cluster subdivision in unincorporated King County, with lots ranging in size from 2.5 to 5 acres and over 250 acres of permanent open space
- Private and gated roads at the main entry that were built to public road standards
- Public water from an extension of a Satellite System operated by Covington Water District
- Sewage disposal by onsite septic systems
This project came with a set of unique challenges. First, there was no current sanitary sewer service or public water source readily available for 640 acres of land. In addition, our team had to navigate complicated RA-5 zoning that required five layered land use entitlements and multiple variances. In addition, we faced the visual impact challenge of a series of high-voltage power lines crossing the property.
Our customer engaged our team for the following service during the scope of The Estates at Sugarloaf Mountain project:
- Civil engineering
- Land surveying
- Land use planning
- Landscape architecture
- Permit expediting
- Project management
- Construction administration
The entire community at the Estates at Sugarloaf Mountain is sold out and is one of the premier subdivision for high-end homes in the South King County and Maple Valley area.
Since 1982, Barghausen has provided high quality civil engineering, architecture, and land surveying services to residential and commercial clients nationwide.
From land surveying to landscape architecture and more, Barghausen is a one-stop shop for not only sound project design, but also effective and hands-on project management - every step of the way.
Barghausen was founded with a deep commitment to customer service, expert engineering, and effective site planning.