LogistiCenter at Pacific Gateway
Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, Industrial, Landscape Architecture | 800,000 SF
LogistiCenter at Pacific Gateway is located at the corner of West Valley Highway and South 196th St. in Kent, WA. This site encompasses 38.7 acres of land within the Pacific Gateway business park and includes 5 class A industrial warehouse buildings with truck docks, vehicle parking, sidewalks and landscaping. The site is partially located within the 100-year FEMA floodplain. The previous development of the Pacific Gateway Business Park filled the site and provided most of the required compensatory FEMA floodplain storage volume. Some additional compensatory volume was provided with this project in an underground perforated pipe and rock gallery. The pre-existing site was mostly bare, with building pads for future development. Geotechnical investigation discovered that previous surcharge loading had been done on a portion of the building pads, but additional surcharge was required to provide for the full footprint of each building. Conventional spread footings were recommended by the geotechnical engineer.
The project features 5 warehouses, totaling nearly 800,000 SF. Each building features 30-36 FT of clear-height, with 10% dedicated to office spaces and the other 90% for warehouse space. LogistiCenter exceeds parking expectations, with 14 lots and a total of 1,033 out of the 1,007 required total stalls on site. The location also features over 29,000 SF of outdoor space with amenities for employees including covered pavilions, benches, tables, bike racks, a basketball court and a bocce ball court located in 2 beautifully landscaped amenity spaces! Our team provided civil engineering, land surveying, and landscape architecture, partnering with Nelson Architecture, Sierra Construction, Shutler Consulting Engineers, Inc., and Terra Associates, Inc.
Developer: Dermody Properties
Architect: Nelson Architecture
General Contractor: Sierra Construction
Geotechnical Engineer: Terra Associates, Inc.
Structural Engineer: Shutler Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Photographer: Nick Grier Photography